|Job Title||Senior Systems Administrator|
|Location||San Jose, CA, US|
|Organization Name||WWIT, Global Operations|
Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) is the world’s leading provider of All Programmable technologies and devices, going beyond traditional programmable logic to enable both hardware and software programmability, integrate both digital and analog mixed-signal functions, and allow new levels of programmable interconnect in both monolithic and multi-die 3D ICs. The company’s products are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to service a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration.
Xilinx chips are designed into automotive infotainment and driver safety, ultrasound imaging, robotically-assisted surgical systems, IT gear for wireless computing and mobile applications, consumer 3-D TVs, mobile communications used on the networked battlefield – and even sophisticated space vehicles exploring the outer reaches of the universe.
Xilinx World Wide IT, Global Operations department is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator to join the Back Office Systems group supporting the business application systems environment. The ideal candidate will design, implement and administer enterprise systems, monitor and enhance system performance, provide general tools support and systems integration. Furthermore, this person will be responsible for collaborating globally on efforts for various IT activities related to the Xilinx business application system environment, in accordance with World Wide IT strategies and objectives.
- 7+ years of Linux, Solaris support at a Senior Level
- Experience supporting a 24x7 high-availability production environment
- Experience in a major ERP environment, preferably Oracle, running on highly available Infrastructure
- 3+ years’ experience with Virtualization using VMWare ESX/ESXi
- Systems administration-level experience of HTTP/Apache, DNS/BIND, SSH, SNMP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, Puppet
- Mid to senior level programming/scripting PERL and Shell (Python a plus)
- Kickstart server experience, Linux repository maintenance, and rpm package creation/manipulation
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Strong technical understanding of Veritas Volume Management, Cluster Server a plus
- Strong understanding of NAS and SAN storage infrastructure with NetApp a plus
- Experience with Monitoring tools. i.e Splunk, NetQOS
- Outstanding troubleshooting ability
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Effective collaboration with first-line IT support staff, end users and other IT teams is expected
- Applicants with experience in a large, high-volume, multi-platform Business Application environments are preferred
- The ability to improve and implement project and process change, ensuring services meet our customer's needs and SLAs.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience leading medium to large projects
- Experience managing infrastructure to support new and existing server installations, software/build integration and writing necessary code while supervising the implementation of related projects and tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
|Applicants are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.|